Here are a few steps to simplify measuring the area for replacements doors:
- Start with a picture of the door that you can use as a diagram for documented measurements. You can take this with you when shopping for replacement doors. You can print out a photo of the door (easiest) or draw it out.
- Start labeling your photo of the door, left or right knob and in or out swing, this will come in handy when you’re shopping for doors.
- Using the photo or diagram to document the measurements. Start measuring the doors width, height, and thickness.
- Not measuring at of the door materials, measure the door jamb, the wood the frame that surrounds the door.
- Just in case, take down the measurements for height and width of the framed door space – NOT including any trim materials.
With this sort of information on hand, you shouldn’t have any problems finding a replacement door that fits your needs.
Need more information on the planning and design of your new doors? Contact Thermo-Bilt to connect with our professionals who can help you make your home improvement ideas into reality. Get a free quote today!