Draglam Salt has two locations in Oshawa, but unlike their Oshawa Docks location, the Oshawa Yards salt provider remains open all year long, and provides a variety of products. A notable de-icing product our Oshawa Yards salt provider carries is Landscaper’s Choice Ice Melter.
The Difference between Road Salt and Ice Melter
I recommend you speak to their expert staff at the Oshawa Yards salt provider to determine whether road salt, or Landscaper’s Choice Ice Melter is right for your needs. But here are a few reasons why you might choose to use Landscaper’s Choice:
- Environmentally friendly. Landscaper’s Choice is Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) rather than salt and has less of an effect on the environment.
- Less Harmful to Vegetation. When used as directed Landscaper’s Choice is designed to work without harming trees, grass, or other plant life.
- Won’t corrode metal. Landscaper’s Choice creates a bond between the surface and ice to prevent corrosion, eliminating corrosion – one of the frustrating aspects of using road salt.
- Safer to use. A less corrosive formula also means that you don’t need protective clothing in order to use it.
- Easier to use. The formula is designed to resist clumping so it disperses more easily.
When Road Salt is Your Preference
The Oshawa Yard salt provider still specializes in road salt because it combines economy and effectiveness that makes it indispensable for many businesses.
Visit Draglam Salt’s Oshawa Yard salt provider to learn about what de-icing products will best serve your needs.